Here is a common subject we hear that comes up daily for anyone living in Alberta….
– Bathe or shower using warm not hot water.
– Use fragrance-free body wash (without detergents) and moisturizers.
– Use ointment or cream instead of a lotion. Great ingredients to look for our Shea butter, jojoba oil, lactic acid, urea and hyaluronic acid.
– Always carry hand cream and apply after handwashing, plus carry an effective lip balm.
– Wear gloves to protect from cold elements, water and harsh chemicals.
– Make sure your humidifier is working and sleep with a portable in your room.
– Hydrate from the inside out, drink plenty of water throughout the day at least eight glasses. Eat a diet rich in proteins, high in sulfur, vitamin A and vitamin C. Limit consumption of alcohol and caffeine, as they zap the skin of fluids and leads to dry skin.
© 2018 Urban Retreat Body & Skincare Centre - Day Spa Edmonton